• In general, children prefer primary colors. That’s why many children’s products use primary colors. It’s also been said that primary colors are less calming than non-primary colors.
|Fisher Price targets children with the use of red in their brand.|
• Red and orange encourage people to eat quickly. Red specifically encourages people to eat more. It’s not a coincidence that fast food places use these colors.
|McDonald's carefully chose their brands colors to get people in the mood to eat quickly.|
• Red can cause people to lose track of time as well, which is why many casinos use this color.
|The Encore casino in Las Vegas uses red in their carpet and lighting, which can make people lose track of time.|
• Red and black are associated with sexy and seductive, which explains why many adult themed products and websites use this color combination. These colors can also mean love, as we've seen in the popular chocolate brand Russel Stover's.
|Russel Stover's chocolates gets people in a loving mood with their choice of colors.|
• Yellow makes people cheerful. It is also the most visible color, meaning that people with a hard time viewing colors can generally see yellow.
|Sun Light uses bright yellow, a cheerful color.|
|EAS uses blue and black in their packaging, which makes people feel less hungry.|
• White is associated with clean, fresh and modern. The Apple store is a great example of this.
|Outside of the Apple store in San Francisco. The white gives a modern, clean feel.|
When building and designing your brand, color should be an important decision. Colors evoke a variety of different responses, so be sure to choose wisely when building your brand! Color can help you reach your target audience and make them have the response to your products that you are looking for.