Despite the fact that data loss occurs daily, many companies are unprepared for it. The reason for this, more than likely, is the fact that many business owners do not understand the impact data loss can have on their company.
Losing sensitive data can be devastating to a business. According to a study done in 2009 by MetaGroup, only 6% of businesses survive a major data loss. Companies that handle sensitive data are at an even greater because of the threat of lawsuits by customers. Data loss is a very serious matter and something that a business owner must hold at high importance.
There are several methods your business can implement to prevent data loss from happening, but at ACF, we recommend offsite backup. With an offsite backup solution, your data gets stored securely online (commonly referred to as cloud backup), where it is organized easily in case something ever needs to restored.
Offsite backup is good for many reasons.
- If something happens to your office, you won’t have to be worried about losing your data.
- It saves space at your location because there is no equipment or data tapes to store
- Many solutions backup automatically so you won’t have to worry about backups
- Data can be restored quickly, meaning less downtime
- Security-offsite backups are encrypted and password protected
- Affordable-there’s no equipment to buy or install at your location , so you save money
Data loss can be catastrophic to a business, so it’s very important as a business owner that you take appropriate measures to insure its safety. No matter how big or small your business, offsite backup is a great solution to make sure your data is protected.